22 November 2011

DUSTY


I don't think anyone out there can say their style is uninfluenced and completely original.

Be it the media, celebrities, blogs, friends or eras, we all take inspiration from things - even the most mundane - continuously, and diffuse them into our own personal style; something that ultimately becomes a mash-up of all the things we love.

And were it not for this bargain of a head-topper reminding me so profusely of Florence Welsch and her appendaged trilby, I doubt I would even have tried it on.

But try I did, and whilst half hoping it would turn me into the elegant lady herself, I knew that even if it looked a right mess, the purchase that would happen in about ten minutes time was already a done-deal, if not for its Florenceness then for its measly £5 price tag.

The only trouble is that felt turns out to be an all-out fluff, dirt and dust magnet, and so I've been walking around with what has basically become a cleverly disguised duster on my head without even realising.

I'd like to think that even my subconscious isn't taking style inspiration from household items...

but to be honest, I wouldn't put it past it.

x



Tribly: Primark // Cardigan: Peacocks // T-shirt: Yayer // Leggings: Next // Rose Necklace: Topshop // Cross Necklace: F:21

11 comments:

daisychain said...

Oh black, dust magnet central. I cannot wear anything black without looking like a rolled in the attic.

Caroline said...

Oh no, hope it stops catching so must dust soon, it looks lovely and very Florence esque which is never a bad thing! x

Vicky said...

Ahh nice look lady xx

Lil said...

Ah lovely!! I love a hat.
You look great Danni, although I know just the kind of felt you're talking about - picks up everything! xx

Unknown said...

haha I know how you feel! my boyfriends family has a white boxer dog, and if I wear anything black I end up covered in white hairs xx

Eloise said...

Anything black I attempt to wear gets covered in ginger cat hair within seconds, i keep a secret stash of lint brushes everywhere!

Love this top on you, the leopard works great with the trilby

xx

Unknown said...

You look wonderful! I have a hat with exactly the same problem - but what to do except try and dust it as often as possible?!

Elizabeth said...

some lovely outfit details there, lovely lady.
x

Emma Jade said...

LOVE your blog! Can't believe I've only just found it!
Completely agree with what you say and I love the way you write.
Need to get my hands on that hat this weekend :)

amy said...

The hat. Oh the hat.
It's perfection.
I've been looking for a similar one, but have yet to find it!

sending you happy spells
hope to hear from you..x
amyflyingakite.com

Stephanie said...

Love this outfit, your nails look awesome too :) x