15 July 2011

Fat Friday...

Hello Oreos. We meet again.

And this, my friends, would be the lesser known cousin of the oreo truffle. 
The Peanut Butter Oreo Truffle. 
Small, dark and handsome. And capitalised, 'cos that's how he rolls.

Now, this recipe's been a long time coming. It's hardly rocket science. In fact, I could just have directed you to the original truffle recipe [which, lest we forget, was adapted from the wonderful Bakerella], suggested a good smattering of Sunpat, and left it at that.

I could have missed out on eating the remnants of these for breakfast one morning, as I was waiting for them to chill.

I could have never seen my friends laughing uncontrollably at their beautifully truffle-covered teeth.

But where's the fun in that?

Exactly.

Oreo truffles. Round two. DING DING.

INGREDIENTS


Whizz up your Oreos in a blender.


Add in the cream cheese and peanut butter and whizz up some more.




When fully combined, the mixture will come together in one hugely-tempting-to-eat-in-one-go, chocolatey mass. Break off even sized pieces and roll into balls. Wet your hands if the mixture is sticking.




Pop each truffle onto a greaseproof lined tray and slide into the freezer for a good 15 minutes to let them solidify.


Meanwhile, break up the chocolate and melt slowly in a bain marie. Or you can make like me and just stick it in the steamer without the lid. It's a...well, it's pretty much a foolproof way of stopping the bowl of chocolate touching the water [which in bain marie terms is the ultimate sin]. And I am the most foolish of fools, so it suits me perfectly.




Once fully melted, bring the truffles out of the freezer and drop each one in the melted chocolate, coating it completely. I found 100g was just enough to give a fair coating this time round, although in the original recipe I used double that amount. It all depends on how sweet-toothed you're feeling!




And now, for no reason in particular apart from sheer decadence and clarity, you can always plop a little peanut butter on top of each truffle. Think of it as a name tag, a badge of honour.


I am Peanut Butter Truffle. And I am proud.




xxx

24 comments:

Maria Fallon said...

Omnomnomnom...thatis the sound of me drooling on the screen! These look yummy!

Maria xxx

Caz said...

These look so good! Love your Fat Friday posts :) xx

danielleyc said...

I will definitely be making some of these! :) They look so yummy :)

Did you put the whole oreos in the blender, cream filling aswell? :)

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Haha this is so brilliant. x hivenn

Leanne Cornelius said...

Wow! These look amazing! x

Unknown said...

these look SO yummy :) definately gonna make them :D x

ching said...

why does anyone need to count calories around these babies? OREOOOSSSS NOMNOMNOM!

Roza said...

oh my, they look brilliant! xxx

Lizzy Lips said...

WOW! They look and sounds amazing, I know what I'll be doing with my weekend!

herecomesthesun said...

HOLY CRAP I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THESE!

All Things Sweet said...

Wow! My two favourite things put together..oreos and peanut butter. I think i will definately be making these sometime soon! Yummy

Tiffany said...

These look amazing!! I can't wait to make them!!

daisychain said...

these would send really well in the post right?

Rianna said...

These treats look dangerously addictive, if i make them there will be no turning back!

Rianna xxx

fritha louise said...

Oh my word, those look SO. GOOD! Bring some next Saturday yeah? :p

Unknown said...

Oreos and Peanut butter? Only my favourite things ever! These look so so good!

thegirlhassparke said...

oh yum - I love oreos and peanut butter, winning receipe.

Michelle Loreto said...

Ahhh, they're so cute! They also look SO YUM AHH. I must try this soon.

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

Becky said...

Mmmm looks so delicious! Thanks for the recipe :)

Vicki said...

eeh YUMMMMM!!!!! these sound amazing!!! :) xo

Eloise said...

I am making these on Sunday. That's it. Decided. Even if I have to scape my coppers together for the ingredients I am making them.

xxx

Eloise said...

*scrape

Silly me

Unknown said...

YUM. That is all. xx

Anonymous said...

Wowww they look so good. I love peanut butter.

Carly x
www.xoxocolorvibe.blogspot.com